Did you know that the American Dental Association recommends that you bring your child to the dentist as soon as their first tooth has erupted and no later than their first birthday?
Without regular visits to your Kid’s Dentist, your child could:
- Become susceptible to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Engage in prolonged thumb-sucking or other unwanted oral habits.
- Be exposed to teething irritations.
- Develop a fear of the dentist.
Visiting a Children’s Dentist early on will be extremely beneficial to both you and your child. Not only will our Calgary dentists provide advice or recommend special preventive care to safeguard against certain dental problems, they can also:
- Teach you how to clean your child’s teeth and identify his/her fluoride needs.
- Help you create a sustainable dental hygiene program in the home, leading to cavity prevention.
- Tell you how your child’s teeth and jaw are developing.
- Help instill good lifetime oral hygiene habits.
- Save you costs in the long run by avoiding extensive dental work such as fillings or root canals.
Macleod Trail Dental’s professional team of Calgary Children’s dentists strive to provide you and your child with the most technologically advanced treatments in a warm and caring environment. We help you protect your child’s health and teeth through the following services:
- Regular Checkups – We suggest at least 2 visits per year for your child. During these appointments, our highly qualified Children’s dentists are able to determine the health of your child’s mouth and detect any oral issues such as cavities or tooth decay.
- Dental Cleanings – Our quick and painless dental cleaning service will gently remove any plaque, stains and tartar buildup on your child’s teeth, ensuring that their pearly whites stay bright and healthy.
- Dental and Nutritional Advice – Our team of Calgary dentists pride themselves on promoting a positive dental attitude in our young patients. We take the time to discuss best dental hygiene practices and eating habits for your child, always using humor, patience and fun (and of course, small prizes for our little patients).
- Emergency Care – We provide same-day emergency dental care for our young patients. If your child is experiencing a dental emergency, we’ll do everything we can to provide immediate and effective help.
The dentists and hygienists at Macleod Trail Dental have helped shape many of our young patients to give them a lifetime of healthy dental hygiene habits!
Ensure your child receives the highest quality dental care by calling us at 403-253-1248
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Dr. Jennifer Silver is one of the top dental surgeons practicing in Calgary, Alberta using an innovative multi-disciplinary approach to helping her patients. She believes in offering expert advice and make recommendations to patients just as she would to a family member. Dr. Silver collaborates with a large network of specialists and taps into their expertise to provide holistic care.
Dr. Jennifer Silver has earned a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Melbourne, Australia. Her academic qualifications include deans honours list, an oral surgery award and best research project. Before attaining this degree, she graduated with honors from Dalhousie University’s Dental Hygiene Program and worked in the sphere of dentistry for 10 years. Dr. Silver is currently helping patients with dental issues such as TMJ pain and sleep apnea in addition to dentistry. She is keenly interested in constantly upgrading her skills and hopes to gain additional training in oral surgery in the future.